I saw this at bookarahma and thought it would be fun to do it as well. Here are the questions and my answers.
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
Not really. I can read for a couple of hours but after a little while I need some rest. And if the car is driven too fast and with sudden halts then I might get sick :/
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
I loved Vladimir Nabokov’s writing style. It doesn’t point on the obvious and his writing is more suggestive so you have to figure out for yourself what he means by it.
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
HARRY POTTER of course
1) It depicts more serious topics than just a relationship with a vampire, such as friendship, motherly love, politics, tolerance, gender, identity and a lot more
2) The huge amount of amazing characters. Even the villains are interesting
3) The humour obviously.
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is in it (besides books…)?
No I don’t own a bookbag. I am hearing of it for the first time right now. What exactly is it? Well I carry books in my bags all the time though. But what do you carry in a bookbag? Only books and bookrelated stuff? Then where do you put your wallet, phone, keys and so on? In an extrabag? That sounds a bit pointless for me.
5. Do you smell your books?
Of course :D I could do that the whole day *o* I secretly wish someone would invent a book-smelling perfume *o*
6. Books with or without little illustrations?
With. I love pictures in books :) I also love Comics especially Manga.
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
Obviously Twilight. Although I also figured out that the Mortal Instruments books are no quality writing. But I figured that out right away.
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
Yes! When I got my first library card in grade 2, I went there with my father for the first time with a lot of bags. And I asked the librarian how many books I was allowed to lend out. She laughed and nicely said that I could lend the whole library if I wanted to :)
9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
Probably ‘A Long Day’s Journey Into Night’.
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Probably Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
Yes when I have time I tend to write on my several novels I have started over the last few years. It is one of my biggest wishes to publish a book.
12. When did you get into reading?
In second grade when we went to the library with our class and everyone got a library card. Then each of us was supposed to search for a book he/she likes and lend it out. After that we went back to school and everyone began reading on his/her book for about half an hour. I liked this feeling of silence and calm Activity with a group even if you don’t interact with each other. Since that day I became a bookworm ;)
13. What is your favorite classic book?
Probably Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.
14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?
Yupp! I was always good in the language subjects. At first it was german I was good at, then after 5th grade I also had english lessons and it became my favorite subject. Later French and Spanish were added on my list of favorite subjects I was also good at. For Music and Art it had always depended on the teacher. And later I had ethics as a subject and was good in it as well.
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated…what would you do?
I think I would tell the person that I already read it but I wouldn’t expect him/her to take it back and give me another gift. That’s ridiculous.
In fact that happened to me last year. But it was a book I enjoyed so I gave it as a birthday present to another friend.
17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while blogging?
Searching for better word choices in the internet I guess :D
18. What is your favorite word?
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
Nerd. I don’t really know what the other two mean but I have heard them before.
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
That’s tough. I have obviously read more stories about vampires than about fairies but I would love to read more about the latter. So I am forced to say vampires for now.
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Shapeshifters. I am not that angel-kind of storylover :’D
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Werewolves! Because dogs, d’uh!
23. Zombies or Vampires?
I Hugely dislike zombie stories (except for Zombieland) so I will say vampires again!
24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love
Love Triangles. Forbidden Love Stories make me sad somehow. Although the first one makes me sad as well sometimes. But I can connect with it more.
25. AND FINALLY: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Action-packed with romance as a side-topic.
So that’s already the end. I hope you enjoyed it.
Since I wasn’t tagged, everyone who wants to do it can feel free to.