I always see wrap up posts on wordpress and also videos on booktube about how many books were bought and read. I decided to do that as well, and maybe add a few other things I did in May. Let’s start.
1) Books I bought:
– The Fault in our Stars – John Green: This I bought at the beginning of the month because an instagrammer wanted to do a read-a-long to this book. And since I haven’t read it yet, I wanted to finally do it, since everyone raved about it. You can read the review here.
– In meinem Himmel (original: The Lovely Bones) – Alice Sebold: I found this book in a drugstore on Friday. It was reduced to 3€, so I bought it. I have already watched the movie a few years ago. I didn’t like it, though, but I wanted to try the book since I heard many good things about it. Maybe it was just a bad adaption.
– A Game of Thrones – George R. R. Martin: I was thinking about beginning a new fantasy movie, and I was also thinking about finally reading the Game of Thrones series. So, I bought it, for only 8€.
2) Books I read:
I have read 5 books this month. I am proud of myself :D Here, I don’t have a picture, because there were a lot of e-books and pdf books, and also one I lent from a friend. So I will just list them.
– The Fault in our Stars – John Green
– The Foreigner – Arun Joshi: This was a book I had to read for uni. Here, you can read the review.
– The Strange Case of Billy Biswas – Arun Joshi: Another book from the same author I had to read for uni. Here is the review.
– Goodbye Tsugumi – Banana Yoshimoto: A friend from a university course lent me this book. I have always wanted to read something from Banana Yoshimoto, so this was the best opportunity. I finished this book in less than one week. Here is the review.
– Arcadia Awakens – Kai Meyer: This is the first part of a trilogy, and I fell in love with the story. I finished this in about one week as well. I still have to write a review about this. I don’t know why I keep forgetting about it. I am reading the second part right now, and I will post about the first one as soon as possible.
3) Movies I watched:
– Frozen: FINALLY! I have been waiting to watch this movie for months now. In May, I finally had the opportunity to. Here you can read about my review.
– 12 Years a Slave: The movie that got the Oscar for the best movie, and I haven’t watched it until May? I know, that’s embarrassing, but I had my reasons. Find about it here.
– Don Jon: Oh, I loved this movie so much. It was so hilarious. Here is the review.
– That awkward Moment: An okay movie. It was just for fun. Here is the review.
– Savages: The worst movie of the month, and one of the worst movies I have ever watched. Found more about the reasons here, why you shouldn’t watch it.
4) The Special Events of the month:
– Met all of my old friends again at the Korean party of the university. Read about all of it and more right here.
– Participated in m first ever demonstration at uni.Read about it here.
– Applied to Aiesec, but still waiting for an answer. I hope it will work out. Haven’t posted about it yet, but I will soon if I know further information about it.
So, this month was quite exciting when i think about it. I hope June will be as good, or even better.
What were your highlights of the month?
Thanks for reading!