This year was the year of the snake in chinese astrology, and although my chinese zodiac sign isn’t a snake, I was very unlucky this year. Although it was a great year for many of my friends and relatives, I disliked this year quite much and I am so happy for tonight and 2014. I just don’t think that it can be worse than 2013. Nothing worked out for me this year, really nothing! Everything went wrong. I will list some bad and good things that happened in 2013.
Here are the bad things:
- My exchange year to the USA didn’t work out just because of money issues.
- My holiday job as a fundraiser didn’t really work out as well. I was taken, but had to return after 3 days.
- I also found a mini job late this year at a store which sells books, DVDs, CDs, notebooks, calendars and stuff like that. I applied, but got a letter of refusal
- My oral exams this year in February didn’t go as expected. I felt quite unfairly treated.
- I dated a guy who just stopped texting me after 2 dates.
- I gained weight
- My Laptop died
- The partys were mostly quite boring
- All my friends were absent this year because they had their exchange year in South Corea
- My birthday party didn’t go as well and fun as expected.
- The winter was just too long this year. It last until March!!!
- I didn’t go on vacation in summer
Probably, there were also a few more shitty things, but these were the main events. Despite all of these I also had a few good things and also new experiences
Here they are:
- Lana Del Rey Concert
- I got my first smart phone
- I started learning a new language: Chinese
- I slowly learned how to cook due to my 30-days-challenge (e.g.: Chinese dumplings, Mousse au Chocolat, Risotto, Pumpkin Soup,…)
- I visited Switzerland for the first time ever.
- I saw Swan Lake for the first time just yesterday.
- I got a tablet for the first time.
- I ate Ramen for the first time
- I learned to write calligraphy
- I went punting
- I read good books, and watched many good movies (e.g.: The Hunger Games series, Pride and Prejudice, Life of Pi,…)
- I took part at NaNoWriMo for the first time ever
- I met new friends
Of course there are as many good things as there are bad things, but somehow the bad ones outweigh the good ones, because they are more significant and stay in mind longer.
Last year at New Year’s Eve, we went to a club with many of our friends. The motto was a Mask ball, and it was a great, magical evening. However, the new year began horrible in the first 3 months. I could say that it was my worst year because one dream of mine scattered. It affected me quite much, because every single one wanted to know now why it didn’t work out, and I had to tell the same story over and over again so that it was very hard for me to get over it. I also gained much weight. Probably, I tried to distract me from my failures by eating junk food and sweets. I still fit into my clothes, but I have never weighed so much before. I probably also always ate out because of instagram ;)
Tonight, I am happy that I am not planning to celebrate big. It will just be a private group with family and family friends, tasty food and good drinks. It will not be as legendary a night as last year. But the better New Year’s Eve, the worse is the year. So I don’t expect much of the night nor of next year. I will prepare for my Erasmus in England, and that’s my only wish for next year. If it shouldn’t work out as well, I studied for nothing.
Let’s just hope for the best! And with that, I take leave of you all with my last post of 2013, and wish you a happy new year! Hope to see you all sane, well-rested, sober, and fully fed in 2014 ;)
- A review of the first year of My Writing Life (juliestock.wordpress.com)
- Welcome, 2014! (wannedering.wordpress.com)